TK80C186EB / TK80C188EB Microprocessors
Request for Product Information
- Static 186 CPU Core
- Idle and Powerdown Modes
- Clock Generator
- 2 Serial Channels with Independent Baud Rate Generators
- 3 Programmable 16-Bit Timers
- 2 Parallel Ports
- 10 Programmable Chip Selects with Programmable Wait State Generators
- Memory Refresh Generator
- High Impedance Test Mode (ONCE)
- High Speed Operation
- 25 MHz @ 5 V
- 16 MHz @ 3.3 V
- 1 MB Memory Address Capability
- 64 KB I/O Address Capability
- Available in the Following Packages:
- 84 Pin PLCC
- 80 Pin EIAJ Quad Flat Pack
- 80 Pin Shrink Quad Flat Pack
- Extended Temperature Range (-40C to +85C)
- Direct Replacement for Intel 80C186EB / 80C188EB / 80L186EB / 80L188EB Microprocessors
- Implemented with the Tekmos Customer Configured Microprocessor (CCM) technology
The TK80C186EB, TK80C188EB, TK80L186EB, and the TK80L188EB are all based on the same die. Unless otherwise noted, discussions of the TK80C186EB can be applied to all 4 parts.
The TK80C186EB is an enhancement of the original 80C186EA microprocessor. It offers new features while remaining object code compatible with the original EA series of processors.
The TK80C186EB will work correctly at either 3 or 5 volts. The original Intel parts were sorted by minimum operating voltage to select the parts for the "L" series. With today's improved process control, it is possible for all Tekmos parts to operate at both 3 and 5 volts. Orders for the "L" series will be filled with "C" parts.
The small feature sizes (0.35u) used in the TK80C186EB result in a significant power reduction as compared to the original devices. This is enhanced through use of the Idle and Powerdown modes. These modes stop portions of, or all of the internal clocks to achieve the power savings.
The TK80C186EB integrates commonly used system peripherals with the 186 CPU core to save space and reduce overall power consumption. A programmable interrupt controller supports and prioritizes 128 external interrupts in additional to the internal interrupts. The TK80C186EB also contains three programmable timer / counters and two serial channels.
The data sheet is available here: pdf TK80C186EB / TK80C188EB (270 KB)